I've always had big plans for the walls in our house, but never the time/money to see them through. But recently I found two good ideas I HAD to do ASAP. And they were so cheap and easy that I could no longer use time/money as excuses. The first idea was to use vinyl rain gutters as bookshelves....they look cool and with the titles facing out, we've been reading a broader selection of books. There were some we've just forgotten about, but not anymore. The girls were giddy the first night to select which books would be on the their shelves. (Notice that half of Sophie's shelf is dedicated to superheros.) I cut a 10 foot gutter (under $7 at Lowes, plus a couple $'s each for end caps) in half for the girls and I cut one in thirds for Oliver's room, but only used two of them. I say "I", but really Nana did most of the work while big, bury men hovered over us at Lowes and one even had the nerve to ask us to cut a rope for him with our saw. Where is the chivarly?! Now, to the next great idea: pegboard art displays. I had a $14 4x8 piece of peg board cut into fourths, painted them, added bull dog clips (2/$1 online) and had Stephen hang them up...and now we have a place to rotate the kiddos' masterpieces. Thanks to my friend Christa for the gutter idea (which she found on somebody's blog) and to nufer for the peg board idea (which she found on mayamade.com). This is about all we have to show for our spring break. We had big plans to clean out the garage, but somehow let that go and mostly had fun doing a whole lot of nothing together. But really, I guess that is something....=)
No comments:
Post a Comment