Thursday, July 13, 2006

Flick





Sophie put my flip flops and Stephen's hat on the other day and then proclaimed that she was Flick from A Bug's Life. (We watched that recently). Since then, she has dropped Flick and has decided to be Peter Pan...all the time...
Pretty much any time I call her Sophie, I'm corrected and told that she's Peter. Annabelle is happy to play along as Wendy and I'm Jon...Stephen was Michael, but has been replaced by Finn. Nana is Nana, of course and Pudge is Captain Hook (he has gone through a whole roll of tin foil...as this is how he makes his hooks...), Nuf is tinkerbell, Chisel is the crocodile....no on is left without a part....there can never be too many Lost Boys. Stephen and I have found that "flying to neverland" is a great parenting tool. Whenever our girls are dilly-dallying and we need them to go somewhere, we all assume the flying position (hands behind you, palms up) and go to Neverland...(this worked quite nicely the other day when we were leaving the zoo.) One of Sophie's favorite things to do as Peter is to look for her shadow and then sew it back to her body. Her pretending use to be an extension of Annabelle's imaginary world, but I think it's safe to say that she has her own world now.

No comments: