


This weekend we tried to really focus on potty training (and even with both of us, we kept forgetting to ask her to go...we (Stephen and I) suck at this whole potty training thing...). Anyways, at one point she had her blanket on her legs and she told me that she was a mermaid....even though she looks a little sad in this picture, I had to get a picture of my little mermaid...
On a side note, we did have success with potty training once we let her go around bare-butted....but she isn't always thrilled about doing it...
The other day I walked into the living room to find Annabelle sitting on a chair on the couch....she was lounging, with her thumb in her mouth, taking in the beauty of our neighbor's cluttered driveway....
Back to potty training....Last Wednesday I was outside talking to a friend who had come to drop something off, when I came to the door, Sophie was waiting for me. She kept saying, "poo poo, potty..." and grabbing her diaper. I took her to the bathroom, pulled off her diaper and there was a little turtle peaking, if you know what I mean. So I sat her on the potty and she finished her business. The next day, about 15 minutes before playgroup, as I'm frantically getting my house half-way decent, Sophie told me she needed to go poo poo. We went to the bathroom, pulled off the diaper and sat on the potty. I left her in there so I could finish vacuuming the living room and told her I'd be right back. I got back and she told me she had gone, but there was nothing there. I went against my better instincts and told her that she could run around naked until she needed to go and that I would get her dressed after I finished picking up the house. A few minutes later, Anna runs up to me to tell me that Sophie had pooped...unfortunately, Anna was coming from the kitchen and not from the bathroom. Then Sophie comes running up to me, with a trail of poo follwing her...(she had stepped in it). I traced the poo back to the kitchen, and found a nice-sized turd (at least she didn't go on the living room rug, right?!?!) I had to stick her in the tub, scrub her off...it took forever to get the poo smell off (and during play group, I sniffed her foot and there was still a hint of it...). Anways, after she was bathed and fully dressed, I made my way through the shit-smelling aroma now filling up my house and began scrubbing the kitchen floor.....(I needed to do it anyways...it's sad that it takes this to motivate me!) By the time people started showing up, there was no sign of the foul-smelling drama that had just insued. In fact, people kept commenting on how nice my house smelled...=)
No comments:
Post a Comment